Japanese high schools have a worldwide reputation for being extremely intense and demanding, but Japanese colleges unfortunately have a reputation for being...well, a joke. A lot of college students get part-time jobs just for spending money because they have so much time on their hands.
I have to admit I was kind of looking forward to this.
Alas, the Japanese language professors really don't mess around. For example, we are allowed two absences. Two. Three strikes and you fail the course. And if you're late too many times, that counts as a strike. I'm not in the habit of missing a whole lot of classes in the US, but this really sucks all the flexibility out of my schedule. And it just sucks, period.
Also, there is a Pink Box of Doom where you turn in your homework. The very second the school bell rings, (yes, there is a school bell that rings) the professors close the box. And I mean the very second. Before the school bell has even finished ringing the professor will have sprung up and slammed the pink box shut. Any homework that doesn't make it in the box before then is labeled "late" and points are deducted, even if you came to class well before then. Even if you hand in the homework in five seconds later. When the Pink Box of Doom is shut, it's shut and it's not opening again until tomorrow.
So although I don't have anything against the professors personally, I don't enjoy class very much. I feel like they treat us like little kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sounds like that Pink Box of Doom is one the greatest Commie conspiracies since fluoridation!
Why'd it have to be pink?
Haha, that reference was for you Thomas. :) Thanks for reading my blogs.
"Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!"
I'd fail in Japan...
either that or you'd finally buy an effective alarm clock. ^^
Post a Comment