Host Mom: Origami boy, hurry up and get out of the bathroom. Whiney needs to go.
Origami boy: (from the bathroom) Ok, ok.
*30 seconds later*
Whiney: Need to gooooo!
Host Mom: Origami boy, hurry!
Origami Boy: I'm hurrying!
Host Mom: What's taking you so long? I told you not to read books in the bathroom!
Origami Boy: I don't have any books!
Whiney: Need to goooo!
At this point, for reasons unknown to myself, Whiney stripped off all his clothes and started dancing around the room naked.
Whiney: GAAHH!
Host Mom: ORIGAMI BOY! GET OUT OF THERE!
Origami Boy: I'm coming!!
Whiney: UHN! UHN!
Meanwhile I spotted a very large mosquito flying around the room. Using a technique I learned by observing my host brothers, I killed it by clapping it between my hands. Just then origami Boy finally emerged from the bathroom and Whiney was about to make a run for it.
Me: Wait! Whiney, look at this! I learned from you. Pretty big, isn't it?
I showed them the smeared remains on my palm, and for a moment everyone dropped what they were doing and peered into my hand. Host Mom stopped washing the dishes, Origami Boy stopped standing around looking bewildered, and Whiney stopped dancing while holding his crotch. I got a smile out of all of them. And yes, Whiney made it to the bathroom in time.
I think we can all learn a valuable lesson from this.
Monday, October 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ROFL! ROFL! ROFL! Oh, please, quit it!!! You make me have to goooooo!
This story perfectly illustrates the roots of vaunted Japanese efficiency and technological predominance.
Killing mosquitoes stifles the urge to use the restroom? I'll remember that one! Thanks! :P
Post a Comment